How will the tenants get into their buildings and their rooms?
- The tenants will be given a key card that they can use to access their room and get into the building.
Are the floors Co-ed?
- Yes, the floors are co-ed.
What types of coverings are provided on the windows?
- We provide window blinds for the tenant’s windows.
What type of heating/ cooling system is provided in the rooms?
- Each room has a central air heating and cooling system.
How much do the laundry facilities cost?
- The washers and dryers both cost $1.25 for one load of laundry.
What is located around Oakland Hall?
- Oakland Hall has a good location because it is in the middle of everything. Not only is it a short walk from the IUP campus, but it is also located near the campus’s Zink Hall, gym, and tennis court. It is also located near many restaurants, and is just a short walk from the grocery store. There are also many IUP bus stops located conveniently near the building.
- There are many large stores near Oakland Hall such as a grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, and postal facilities.
If a tenant wants to get cable, how much would that cost?
- There are different plans provided by Comcast that have different prices. For more information, please contact Comcast.
What should I bring with me to Oakland Hall?
- Tenants should bring anything that they need to live and be more comfortable. Here are some suggestions:
- Towels, bathroom supplies (shampoo, body gel, combs, hair brushes, hair dryer, etc.)
- Shower curtain
- Kitchen supplies (pots, pans, etc.)
- First aid kit
- Twin XL sized bed sheets, blankets, bedspread, sheets, and pillows
- Area rug
- Router and internet cable
What are we not allowed to bring?
- Weapons or firearms
Do I pay the rent by month or semester?
- Rent is paid by semester. The Spring and Fall semesters are approximately 4 months for each semester and the winter semester is 1 month. Please visit IUP’s website for more information.
Does a microwave and refrigerator come with the room?
- We do provide refrigerators but not Microwaves.